Phi Sigma Pi takes the best attributes from an honor society, a service fraternity and a social fraternity and blends them into one organization different from all others. Phi Sigma Pi does not fit the typical mold. We defy typical categorization. Phi Sigma Pi is progressive and breaks with tradition. Phi Sigma Pi is THE ONLY national honor fraternity in existence.
- We are NOT an honor society
- We are NOT a service fraternity
- We are NOT a social fraternity
- We ARE a unique organization that strives to blend the best attributes of all of the above.
Phi Sigma Pi is an uncommon organization. Phi Sigma Pi offers an experience distinctive from any other campus organization. Phi Sigma Pi is an organization that offers the serious academic undergraduate student another dimension of personal growth and development. It's something that cannot be taught in the classroom and it's something that will provide a lifetime of ongoing benefits. Phi Sigma Pi is an organization of uncommon distinction. We are an organization that "has it all"... that gives both male and female students a diverse and fulfilling collection of opportunities, such as:
- A reputation that will open doors during the professional career
- An opportunity to help others
- A place to make lifelong friendships
- An opportunity to sharpen teamwork and leadership skills
- A chance to experience the benefits of a national organization
- A way to have fun and assemble a treasured collection of memories
- An opportunity to broaden the knowledge of people and society
- An outlet and resources to do things that may have seemed impossible
- An opportunity to go to new places and see new things
- A chance to learn things from other serious students
- An ability to apply for scholarships and awards to advance your education
- A lifelong network of caring people to provide help and support
The value that Phi Sigma Pi offers comes from its uncommon distinction. We engage the brightest and best academic students on campus and provide them with the opportunity to enhance their college experience and improve their abilities outside the classroom. We recognize that these students are typically some of the busiest and most active students on campus. Because Phi Sigma Pi is a blend of traditional organizations it offers a major advantage to the already time-challenged student. Phi Sigma Pi is an active group that offers strong academic students the chance to experience the benefits of three types of organizations all consolidated efficiently and effectively into one organization... the personal rewards of an honor society, the internal satisfaction of serving others and the memories and friendships that will last long after the college years are over. The uncommon distinction that Phi Sigma Pi offers can be summarized by the following 5 values:
- We promote learning and achievement – We are an organization of high achievers who yearn for self-improvement. Membership requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, but that is only the beginning. We encourage activities that expose our members to new experiences, situations and information. We also provide members the opportunity to apply for fraternity scholarships. Membership in Phi Sigma Pi is an honor and a mark of distinction that recognizes a commitment to past, present and future academic excellence.
- We embrace diversity – We are an inclusive organization. We are stronger due to the men and women from numerous ethnic, socio-economic, and religious backgrounds that comprise the membership of our 100+ chapters nationwide.
- We value helping others – We believe in giving to those less fortunate than ourselves. Through our national philanthropy, Teach For America, and through local chapter charities we give of our time and energies to improve humankind.
- We cultivate future leaders – We expose our members to situations that build their skills as leaders. We place people in positions of responsibility. We give people opportunities to organize projects and events. We advance their ability to work together in teams for the benefit of the greater good.
- We build lifelong friendships – We know how to have fun. We believe in balancing work and effort with relaxation and enjoyment. We encourage trips, theme parties and other social events that foster fellowship. We also find fellowship through working together to organize academic and service projects. We work hard, but we also treasure the time we set aside for our members to connect, share, laugh and cultivate friends for life. It is for this reason we are a fraternity and not a society.